ITED PROGRAM GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The BTLEd program aims to develop highly competent and motivated teachers in Technology and Livelihood Education.
The BSEd degree program aims to develop highly motivated and competent teachers specializing in the content and pedagogy for secondary education.
COMMON TO ALL PROGRAMS IN ALL TYPE OF SCHOOLS
THE GRADUATE HAVE THE ABILITY TO:
- Articulate and discuss the latest developments in the specific field of practice.
- Effectively communicate in English and Filipino, both orally and in writing.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with a substantial degree of independence in multi – disciplinary and multi – cultural teams.
- Act in recognition of professional, social, and ethical responsibility
- Preserve and promote “Filipino historical and cultural heritage” (based on RA 7722)
COMMON TO THE DISCIPLINE (TEACHER EDUCATION)
- Articulate the rootedness of education in philosophical, socio – cultural, historical, psychological, and political contexts
- Demonstrate mastery of subject matter / discipline
- Facilitate learning using a wide range of teaching methodologies and delivery modes appropriate to specific learners and their environments
- Develop innovative curricula, instructional plans, teaching approaches, and resources for diverse learners
- Apply skills in the development and utilization of ICT to promote quality, relevant, and sustainable educational practices
- Demonstrate a variety of thinking skills in planning, monitoring, assessing, and reporting learning processes and outcomes
- Practice professional and ethical teaching standards sensitive to the local, national, and global realities
- Pursue lifelong learning for personal and professional growth through varied experiential and field-based opportunities
SPECIFIC TO A SUB – DESCIPLINE AND MAJOR
BACHELOR OF SECONDARY EDUCATION MAJOR IN ENGLISH
- Possess broad knowledge of language and literature for effective learning
- Use English as a global language in a multilingual context as it applies to the teaching of language and literature
- Acquire extensive reading background in language, literature, and allied fields
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communication
- Shows competence in employing innovative language and literature teaching approaches, methodologies, and strategies
- Use technology in facilitating language learning and teaching
- Inspire students and colleagues to lead relevant and transformative changes to improve learning and teaching language and literature
- Display skills and abilities to be a reflective and research oriented language and literature teacher
BACHELOR OF SECONDARY EDUCATION MAJOR IN SCIENCES
- Demonstrate deep understanding of scientific concepts and principles
- Apply scientific inquiry in teaching and learning
- Utilize effective science teaching and assessment methods
SPECIFIC TO A SUB – DESCIPLINE AND MAJOR
BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY AND LIVELIHOOD EDUCATION
- Demonstrate the competencies required of the Philippine TVET Trainers – Assessors Qualifications Framework (PTTQF);
- Demonstrate broad and coherent, meaningful knowledge and skills in technology and livelihood education
- Apply with minimal supervision specialized knowledge and skills in technology and livelihood education;
- Demonstrate higher level literacy, communication, numeracy, critical thinking, learning skills needed for higher learning;
- Manifest a deep and principled understanding of the learning processes and the role of the teacher in facilitating these processes in their students;
- Show a deep and principled understanding of how educational processes relate to larger historical, social, cultural, and political processes;
- Apply a wide range of teaching process skills (including curriculum development, lesson planning, materials development, educational assessment, and teaching approaches)
- Reflect on the relationships among the teaching process skills, the learning processing in the students, the nature of the content/ subject matter, and other factors affecting educational processes in order to constantly improve their teaching knowledge, skills and practices.